Carrie gets a horrible photo taken for the cover of New York Magazine. Miranda fakes orgasms with her current boyfriend. Charlotte starts dating her handy-man. Samantha dates a club owner who calls them a "we" right away.
The title is a reference to "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"
The magazine that shot Carrie for the photoshoot is New York Magazine which a popular magazine that focuses on the life, culture, politics of the city of New York.
When Carrie is discussing all of the things women have faked, she is wearing a shirt with the famous Rolling Stones logo.
Carrie's hookup, Jake, is played by a young Bradley Cooper. This marks the television debut of Bradley Cooper.
Carrie: I could not get a cab.
Stanford: So what do you do, grab onto a bumper and let one drag you here?
Carrie: Stop, I was up all night. I need a coffee the size of my head.
Carrie: When did being alone become the modern-day equivalent of being a leper? Will Manhattan restaurants soon be divided up into sections, smoking/non-smoking, single/non-single?
• Sex and the City (episode) • Models and Mortals • Bay of Married Pigs • Valley of the Twenty-Something Guys • The Power of Female Sex • Secret Sex • The Monogamists • Three's a Crowd • The Turtle and the Hare • The Baby Shower • The Drought • Oh Come All Ye Faithful •
• Take Me Out to the Ball Game • The Awful Truth • The Freak Show • They Shoot Single People, Don't They? • Four Women and a Funeral • The Cheating Curve • The Chicken Dance • The Man, the Myth, the Viagra • Old Dogs, New Dicks • The Caste System • Evolution • La Douleur Exquise! • Games People Play • The Fuck Buddy • Shortcomings • Was It Good for You? • Twenty-Something Girls vs. Thirty-Something Women • Ex and the City •
• Where There's Smoke... • Politically Erect • Attack of the Five Foot Ten Woman • Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl... • No Ifs, Ands, or Butts • Are We Sluts? • Drama Queens • The Big Time • Easy Come, Easy Go • All or Nothing • Running with Scissors • Don't Ask, Don't Tell • Escape from New York • Sex and Another City • Hot Child in the City • Frenemies • What Goes Around Comes Around • Cock a Doodle Do! •
• The Agony and the 'Ex'-tacy • The Real Me • Defining Moments • What's Sex Got to Do with It? • Ghost Town • Baby, Talk Is Cheap • Time and Punishment • My Motherboard, My Self • Sex and the Country • Belles of the Balls • Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda • Just Say Yes • The Good Fight • All That Glitters... • Change of a Dress • Ring a Ding Ding • A Vogue Idea • I Heart NY •
• Anchors Away • Unoriginal Sin • Luck Be an Old Lady • Cover Girl • Plus One Is the Loneliest Number • Critical Condition • The Big Journey • I Love a Charade •
• To Market, to Market • Great Sexpectations • The Perfect Present • Pick-A-Little, Talk-A-Little • Lights, Camera, Relationship • Hop, Skip, and a Week • The Post-it Always Sticks Twice • The Catch • A Woman's Right to Shoes • Boy, Interrupted • The Domino Effect • One • Let There Be Light • The Ick Factor • Catch-38 • Out of the Frying Pan • The Cold War • Splat! • An American Girl in Paris: Part Une • An American Girl in Paris: Part Deux •
See also: Episodes